Some 7 persons including a journalist and a nursing mother are battling for their lives at health facilities after they were severely injured in a gas explosion at Kpassa in the Oti Region on Saturday, August 6, 2022.
Properties including laptop, TV and many others were also burnt beyond recognition in the fire incident which occurred in the late evening.
Reports indicate that the gas cylinder was purportedly leaked from Ke fm morning show host room when it sparked fire.
In order to ascertain what was happening after some people had raised an alarm, seven persons who where in the house suffered various degree of injuries.
However, fire fighters were called to bring the flames under control and the area has been cordoned from the public for safety after the incident.
Eyewitnesses say the cylinder was in use when it caught fire at 9pm on Saturday.
The explosion reportedly caused a panic resulting in injuries to some persons who visited friends in the house who rushed out for cover.