A 10-year-old class two pupil, Amanda Odoom has been electrocuted to death, while a 6-year-old- girl is injured after an electric cable fell on them at Gomoa Nyanyano old Market in the Central Region.
The children were playing under the electric cable when the unfortunate incident happened on Tuesday, January 10, 2022, in the evening around 4:30 PM.
In an interview with Kasapa News, Yaw Boagyan, the auntie of the deceased, Sister Aba said she heard some children shouting for help so she rushed to the scene only to find the children lying on the ground with the cable on them.
The ten-year-old died instantly, while the six-year-old sustained injuries and was rushed to the Kasoa Polyclinic where she’s receiving treatment.
Residents blamed the Electricity Company of Ghana for the death of the innocent child as this was not the first time such an incident has happened on that line.
Meanwhile, Ankobeahene of Gomoa Nyanyano, Nana Ayi Quaye has called on ECG management to come and change the cables to save lives and properties as the current ones are over 30 years old.
Meanwhile, the Body of the deceased has been deposited at the Police Mortuary.
The case has been reported to the Kasoa Police Station for investigation.