Our source gathered that the fire that gutted Silver FM in Kumasi belonging to the Bantamahene was as a result of a faulty air-condition that had not been attended to for many months, even though management of the station knew about it.
A source within the organization who wanted to remain anonymous, noted that several complaints about the faulty air-conditioning to management had fallen on deaf ears.
Officials of Ghana National Fires Services(GNFS) are yet to make known their preliminary findings about the fire at the radio station.
The station which belongs to the Bantamahene Baffour Owusu Asare Amankwatia VI was razed down by the fire Saturday dawn.
It is unclear if the fire system of the radio station was up to date, as nothing was picked from the studio as studio console; monitors, TV set, microphones etc were burnt to ashes.
MyNewsGh.com gathers the technician on duty was not stationed at the technical department where he ought to be as fire could have been managed if he were around.
Also the station runs on a lean staff due to revenue and economic challenges as the station is unable to raise revenue to cover all their operational cost and other things.
The faith of workers is unknown as Silver FM has since been shut down indefinitely.
This is the second fire incident in a major facility in Kumasi. Portions of the newly redeveloped Kejetia market were razed by fire with about 30 stalls affected.